About

About Hallcraig Santa Gertrudis Stud

 

History

Situated 11kms west of Deepwater along the Wellington Vale Rd, Hallcraig is part of the original ‘Wellington Vale’ block taken up in 1839 and now run by Jock Cuninghame, a 5th generation farmer on the same land. Such continuity is a rare thing these days.

 

Holdings

Hallcraig, Kilmaurs and Lower Four Mile cover 2700 acres at an elevation of just under 1000m. The country consists of fairly flat to undulating fertile loamy granite soils of which 90% is arable. Improved pasture includes fescue, cocksfoot, phalaris, white, red and arrowleaf clovers as well as weather dependant crops such as lucerne, oats, millet and ryegrass. The other 10% are steep rocky hills.

No-till farming is the norm now after years of conventional cultivation. Paddocks are sprayed twice with a knockdown chemical like Glyphosate and then sown with a converted Gyral combine. Some selective post emergent sprays may be used for either broadleaf or grass control in fodder crops.

 

Trees

Mainly yellow box and Angrophra apple with a scattering of Red gum and White Peppermint. Some Bull Oak on the lighter country.

 

Water

Hallcraig has 4km double frontage to Robertson’s Creek, Wellington Vale Creek and Watsons Creek. Besides helping with the properties’ water needs, there are many good holes in the creeks containing some big Murray Cod and catfish.

Hallcraig Cows & Calves on Millet

Santa Cows at Hallcraig

Santa x Hereford Calves

SANTA GERTRUDIS STUD

Hallcraig


Home

Bulls at Stud

Bulls for Sale

Silage & Hay

Gallery

About

Contact

News

Jock Robertson-Cunninghame

Hallcraig

Strachan Road

Deepwater  NSW  2371

Phone 02 6734 5287

Mobile 0424 345 287

Email: jock@hallcraig.com.au

Following

Contact

Sitemap

HomeBulls at StudBulls for SaleSilage & HayGalleryAboutContactNews